Properties of camping axes and hatchets. Light weight and efficiency.
- Axe has big bit and a light weight.
There is 5.5 inches and only 2.4 lbs. Compare it with your axe!
- Half-round cutting edge is optimal for deep chopping in every blow.
- Durable handle.
We assemble our axes without wedge. It can't come loose as the handle dries.
Axes sizes and weightLightweight, long handle and big size blade:
Total weight: ~2.4 lbs (1,1 kg)
Total length: ~25 inches (65 cm)
Blade lenght: ~5.5 inches (14 cm)
See video test of our hatchet
Features of our axes
Purpose of VIKTEMIR’s axesOur axes target for expeditions, hunting and forest adventures. This type of axes should be lightweight and efficiency. The axes have large blade length is 5,5 inches and light weight about 2,4 lbs.
Shape of axe:We chose ancient blade shape, which was wide knew from Scandinavia to India and Iran. This was done to get a lightweight axe with a big blade.
Advantage of this axe form:
- A big blade give a lot of dignities:
- Energy of strike is fully spent on cutting up.
- The axe gets stuck less after a strong strike.
- Risk to miss is less if wide blade, even if person tired or cuts from an awkward position.
- Wide blade is conveniently, when you need to chop down a branch.
- The beard of axe protects handle against accidental miss.
- In a hiking trip the axe isn't used for all time, but only to build a campfire or to equip the camp. But you will have to wear an axe all the time!
- Our axe weighs less than 2.5 feet, but, due to the right form, this weight is enough. You won’t have any problems with cutting across the big barrel about 15-20 inches in diameter or splitting the log along.